In this role you will be responsible for defining and maintaining the technology architecture for tooling, monitoring & automation services.
Lead infra architect
* Coordination with overall enterprise & infra strategy + roadmaps
* Adherance to enterprise architecture governance
* Escalations on any design issues
* Coach/mentor on IT architecture
* Resource planning
* Coach on general development
Vendors and suppliers
* Analyze technology + solution trends
* Discuss technology lifecycle management
* Analyze current technology shortcomings
* Analyze, design, review and/or approve solution designs during projects
* Supervise implementations of solutions during projects - in accordance with design
* Analyze current service incidents/problems check for structural technology improvements
* Guard lifecycle management
* Verify if architecture meets service level requirements
Position within Organization:
This role is part of the customer services & IT processes team. This team is part of the infrastructure IT organization.
The role has a matrix reporting line:
* The role reports directly to the team manager of customer services & IT processes.
* Functionally the role reports to the lead infrastructure architect.
* Define technology standards and future state for tooling, monitoring & automation services
* Creation and maintenance of reference architectures: design directives, standards, solution building blocks
* Creation and maintenance of technology roadmaps
* Research, cost-justify and drive technological improvements
* Liaise with enterprise architecture to assure overall fit & integration
* Decision owner for architectural decisions for tooling, monitoring & automation services
* identifying the decisions to be taken about the solution;
* ensuring the decisions are taken as well as possible by the decision-making authority;
* communicating the decisions and their impact to stakeholders.
* Supervise design within projects and programs:
* Review and/or approve technical solutions - assurance of compliance with directives, standards and guidelines + assurance of fit-for-purpose
* Supervise that implementation is in accordance with design (hands-off)
* Maintain design documentation:
* Maintenance of design documents within domain - assure completeness and integrity
* Bachelor’s/Master degree in IT, Business Management, Computer Science or Electronics
* 5+ years of relevant IT experience in designing and deploying enterprise level monitoring and automation infrastructure
* Proven experience/expert knowledge in the following:
o monitoring technologies like Zabbix, Cisco Prime, SevOne, ThousandEyes
o IT operations analytics technologies like Splunk ITSI, Moogsoft etc.
o Event/Alert management like ServiceNow event management
o Automation technologies like Ansible, SCCM
o General configuration management technologies like SCCM, Red Hat Satellite
* Knowledge of and experience with IT architecture methodologies and processes (e.g. TOGAF) and service management methods and processes (ITIL)
* Experience with outsourcing of IT services, RFP execution, vendor selection
* Proven track record in road mapping, technical architecture design, solution definition, project management/execution, change/risk management
* Work experience from large, international companies and have dealt with or worked for global service providers.